Standard visits for new patients are sixty (60) minutes. Extended visits (ninety minutes) are available and recommended for those who need to discuss complex medical problems and for those who are traveling from out of town and who need extended time for conversation.
Rates for Medical Services
Effective February 1, 2022
- Standard new patient visit (60 minutes): $215
- Extended new patient visit (90 minutes): $325
- Cancer Support new patient visit (60 minutes, plus up to 30 minutes of phone follow-up in the next month): $345
- New patient, acute illness only (30 minutes): $105
- Standard follow-up visit (30 minutes): $100
- Extended follow-up visit (60 minutes): $195
Phone and zoom consultations (for established patients, or as cleared by Dr. Blanning–if you would like to do phone or zoom for an initial consultation, send a message through the “Contact us” page) :
- Standard phone consultation (30 minutes): $100
- Extended consultation (60 minutes): $195
- Quick “sick” consultation, 10 minutes: $45 (a higher rate will be charged if the consult evolves into a longer conversation).
Office visits do not include the cost of any recommended anthroposophic medicines, which generally range from $15-50 each. Many medicines are stocked in the office, but some will need to be special ordered or compounded by a pharmacy.
(See information about payment, cancellations and sliding-scale Tuesdays down below)
Questions? Ask us.
Anthroposophic Nursing and Rhythmical Massage
Anthroposophic Nursing services include teaching, compress application instruction, rhythmical massage therapy, and compress treatments.
Dona Totten, RN, AN, You can reach her by phone at: (303)-704-0199
- New patient visit (90 minutes): $120
- Standard follow-up visit (60 minutes): $85
- Extended follow-up visit (90 minutes): $120
A discount is available when treatments are prepaid in blocks of 6 or 12 sessions.
Home visits, depending on driving distance, as well as after-hour and weekend appointment are available for an additional fee of $25.
Please schedule your appointment online by clicking “Schedule an Appointment” in the sidebar, then select “Nursing services.”
Dona Totten, RN, AN
We do not work with any insurance, and expect payment at the time of the service (cash, check, Visa or Mastercard are accepted). We work this way to preserve both therapeutic freedom and the time needed to approach your health in a truly holistic way. When you schedule for an appointment you will be asked to provide credit card information. The credit card will typically not be charged until the visit has been completed. You will automatically be emailed a receipt when the payment is processed.
Office visits and medications can be paid for through a Health Savings Account, or may be reimbursable if you have out-of-network coverage as part of your insurance plan. We provide receipts with the appropriate medical service and diagnostic codes you would need to file with your insurance when specifically requested.
If you need to cancel an appointment, we ask that you give us at least 24 hours notice so that the slot may be made available to someone else. For no-show appointments, or appointments canceled less than 24 hours in advance we may change a fee for the time reserved (usually 50% of the charge for the scheduled visit).
You can cancel or change your visit through the confirmation email that was sent when you booked the appointment (but not through the website), up to 24 hours before the appointment time. To cancel later than that you will need to call the office.
Sliding Scale Tuesdays
Discounted sliding scale office visits are offered every Tuesday. We are offering this in the spirit of wishing to help make anthroposophic medicine and therapies available to a wider range of people. Here are some key details:
- Sliding scale discounts of A) 10%, B) 20%, or C) 30% are available on Tuesdays. The amount of discount being requested should please be indicated as part of the “Additional info” entered when an appointment is scheduled on the practice website.
- These sliding scale discounts are available on Tuesdays for 30- and 60-minute office visits (for both new patient visits and for follow-up visits), as well as for anthroposophic nursing therapies. They are not available for 90-minute “extended” new patient appointments with Dr. Blanning, or for the Cancer Support new patient appointments.
- We offer these in a spirit of trust and communal well-being. The discounts should be requested when the cost of a normal visit is not financially accessible. We hope that they can be shared within a broad group of people.
We work with people on a broad range of illnesses and complaints, but cannot offer all medical services. We are not able to provide any obstetrical or hospital care, and usually refer you back to your primary care physician for pap smears, blood work, vaccinations, or any other required testing. You will need to maintain a primary care physician through your insurance company, as Dr. Blanning also travels doing teaching and consultative work and cannot guarantee continuous medical care. Please bring all of your current medications (both prescription and over-thecounter) with you to your visit.